Is Belgium on your Bucket List?
The best thing about Belgium for me were the original Belgium waffles. There was a terrorist attack while we were there. So, for me…it was grand opening/grand closing. LOL I was scurrrrred.
After the attack, people were giving out FREE hugs. See the pic of me getting mine. I needed it!
Here’s some info:
- Belgium is situated in central Europe. It is also home to NATO headquarters and the European Parliament, so it is often referred to as the 'capital of the EU'.
- Travelers should certainly visit the most famous sights like the Grand Place in Brussels, Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium, the Atomium, Mini-Europe, a miniature park located in Bruparck, castle Gravensteen and certainly the Belgian national symbol, a peeing boy, Manneken-Pis of Brussels.
- Besides Brussels, Antverp, Liege, Bruges and Ghent are also worth visiting.
- Belgium is a land of music festivals and parades.
- It is world-famous for its chocolate, waffles, and beer. I enjoyed the chocolate and beer but as far as beer, ISSA NO for me.
- If you are fond of European football, you might even watch the Red Devils, the Belgian national football team, at King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels.
- Belgians invented ‘French fries’ and the general opinion is that they are better in Belgium than in France. The fries were sooooooo good!
- In mid-August, you can see a breath-taking flower carpet in Brussels on the even years.
- People speak Dutch, French, and German. You shouldn’t have problems with English as a tourist, but people don’t usually speak it in Brussels.
- Summer months between May and October are the best time to visit Belgium. I went in July.
The biggest GAG of the trip was PAYING to use the toilets!!!