Phuket is a PLAYGROUND!
Let’s get right to it. Phuket is a playground and the ladyboys OWN IT! I am very open and very well rounded. But baybeeeeee, I had never quite seen anything like that. They had no shame in their game and you had to love them for that.
They identified themselves by wearing a wrist bracelet that read: LADYBOY. I’m like…. okurrrrrrr. It was a good idea, I guess because some of them looked like women, for sure.
You should watch the ladyboys at the Simon Cabaret Show. Your mind will be blown. One thing that was quite shocking to me was how men travel from afar (the U.S. included) to have relations with the ladyboys. Chile some of these men are out here living double lives. We were sitting behind a man on a tour bus who was talking to his wife. As soon as he hung up, he FaceTimed SEVERAL ladyboys to set up dates! Tuhhhhhhhhh. We were headed to the Tiger Kingdom, and I GAGGED!
Check out the menu for the PING PONG show!
Anywho, at night, don’t miss the Phuket Town Weekend Night Market, and a night out on Bangla Road. We stayed right on Bangla Road, so there wasn't much sleep happening. It was like Vegas…poppin all night long!
Here is some info about Phuket:
- Phuket is the largest island in Thailand, situated on its west coast.
- Phuket is famous for its exotic beaches, vibrant nightlife, delicious seafood, and colorful night markets.
- There are so many things to do and see on this magnificent island. You can visit Phang Nga Bay, walk around Phuket Old Town, visit the Phuket Big Buddha, one of the most famous landmarks in all of Phuket, and Wat Chalong.
- Nature lovers will be excited to be so close to animals at the Phuket Tiger Kingdom and the Phuket Elephant Sanctuary or watch the monkeys at Monkey Hill.
- Have the time of your life at Kata Noi Beach, Nai Harn Beach, Surin Beach, and others.
- More active travelers will certainly go scuba diving and climb Karon Viewpoint but NOT me.
- Thailand temperatures in November and April are the most pleasant. I went in November.